Week of 5/25
Tuesday was relatively uneventful, but Wednesday thru Friday were more troublesome. The doctor had suggested that the third and fourth days would tend to be the most symptomatic and that prediction struck with a vengeance this week. Pat got to the point where she decreased her activity to minimize the discomfort and fatigue that forced her to rest in the afternoons. Interestingly it was on these days that she experienced the tingling at the tip of her tongue that tended to make some foods taste funny. By Friday Pat was feeling a bit better, but we opted for a rotisserie chicken from Henry’s. We added some cut up veggies to make it an easy meal.
Saturday was a great day! Lots of laughs and lots of fun. While I played paddle tennis, Pat worked on her garden and then rested before we left for LA with the Levy’s to see South Pacific. We all loved it. Then it was off for a good dinner, before getting home about 8:00. Pat made it though the day with flying colors.
Sunday was a day of rest for the most part. I went to play in our Memorial day, low key, tennis tournament, leaving Pat coffee for her breakfast. I had forgotten it the day before and was under threat of severe reprisal. Needless to say I did not forget. Pat spent most of the day resting, including some sleeping. We were scheduled for ushering at the South Coast Repertory. Pat just didn’t have the energy for it, so I went with the Simpsons, good friends with whom we usually usher. Unfortunately she missed a great production of Crimes of the Heart. As planned, we called Pat to find out if she was up to going out for dinner. She accepted without hesitation, adding that she felt the need for “socialization“. We went to a low profile local Greek restaurant - with discounts. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, Pat reveling in the “escape from the hut”.
Monday was a bit heavier. Pat had planned to join our breakfast group for a movie and Chinese seafood dinner. It was soon apparent that fatigue was holding sway, so we opted out of the movie, hoping to join the group for dinner. A day spent mostly in bed had Pat feeling better, but not enough to encourage her to want to venture out. It was arranged that our friends would bring us food from the restaurant on their way home. I started updating this news while waiting for their call. And now as I am finishing off, Pat has come into the room and started to putter - a good sign. In fact hunger has been a constant and encouraging sign. It looks like it is going to be an up evening. We started watching “Man on a Wire”. About halfway through the movie the food arrived and we dove in with vigor. I guess by now you’ve gotten the message that Pat is feeling much better. It looks as if we are entering the up cycle. That’s about as good a time as any to close for the night. But first - Pat and I have had a minor dispute. She keeps berating herself for not having responded to all of your kind and supportive notes and deeds. I told her that people understand and are not offended at her tardiness. Nevertheless she insists that we include a mention that she loves hearing from you and will respond as time and energy allow.
No comments:
Post a Comment