5/23/10
A wonderful day! Pat woke full of P&V. There was the usual Sunday morning drill - Pat did her usual twice around the Santa Margarita Lake with Lauren in tow. After the usual breakfast with the usual suspects it was home and a stretch out for Pat, while I took Lauren to John Wayne. I returned from the airport. in time to pick up Pat and friends to go to the lake for a concert by the South Coast Symphony. There were three singers doing show tunes. Valerie Perri, sang and was a kind of master of ceremonies. She was great in every capacity. For more details - http://lakemissionviejo.org/03noticia/2010/may10.pdf -. And the weather, turning its nose up at the forecast, was beautiful. I can’t say enough about the music and the performances - top notch!. Afterwards we went to Hatam’s for dinner with our friends. We had a blast made even more fun by a bunch of young folks assembling to celebrate a graduation. Now I type as we make preparations for the third chemo session. It is becoming routine. Well leave here at 7:00 am. I’ll drop Pat at the cancer center and park the car. If the vampire gets there on time, Pat should have her blood drawn at just about the time I get there from the garage. Then we’ll walk over to The Block for breakfast at the Corner Bakery. This time we‘ll neither ask for, or listen to, advice about where to breakfast. A walk back to the Hospital at 9:00 and the third chemo session will begin. Now it’s time to pack it in for the evening. To be continued……
5/24 10:45
The morning drill went as anticipated. The parade of “stuff” has begun winding its way to work, although not whistling like the 7 dwarfs. We tried the Corner Bakery this morning, and decided that it will be Starbucks in 2 weeks. Pat likes the Yogurt parfait there better, at least until we have sampled it at the Block location. The doc noted that the hemoglobin was, as expected, down somewhat. I guess that you have noticed that I have chosen to retain only the glamour shot.
1:20
Another entry before we call it a day. The update would have been posted this morning if I could have established the wifi connection here. I won ‘t go into the gruesome details, but the time has been spent trying all sorts of things, including multiple trips to other parts of the hospital. This time stamp just indicates that I have given up posting from here. Well not exactly. I‘ll give it another try at 3:00.
9:30
Home again with no need to WIFI. You can guess that 3:00 didn't work out. So I'll a chance to finish off the day before retiring. We were released at about 4:30 and you can tell that Patsy did very well because we stopped at COSTCO for a few things and she was pushing the cart around while I gassed up. She made dinner, a prepared chicken marsala from Trader Joe's that she had stocked for just this purpose. We have had to defer enjoying the marvelous stuff youse guys prepare for us, to make sure the bought food is consumed before it expires. Pat is catching up on her programs as I close out our day. Let me do the latter by telling you how much your caring, love, and goodies do to keep the time from getting heavy. Thank you for carrying so much of our weight.
It is interesting how the vampires can become allies. The same is true in the natural world where they consume insects and spread seeds. Keep on keeping on!!!!! Love, us
ReplyDeleteLove the pic!! Such a Patsy!!! We're rootin' for you guys - you are doing so great!!!
ReplyDeleteMuch Love, D & S