June 4
The week started with Pat’s fatigue more intense and tenacious. It eased up a bit on Wednesday, and, as Pat described it, she felt almost human on Thursday. The most significant news of the week was the decision, at Thursday’s scheduled visit with Dr. Lilly, to take a week off. Thus we are going onto a 3 week cycle, at least until Pat’s next visit on June 14. Testimony to Pat’s present status was her decision to go to the Wine Club dinner last night. She had scheduled it, with only the hope of being able to attend. She was very busy socializing - without fatigue. The only down element was people commenting on the frequent mentions of food on the blog. I hope that the prior sentences pass the scrutiny of the censor who had forbidden the mention of food. But Pat IS busy preparing lunch for us and her Sister and her husband. When I started typing they were expected momentarily, but a just concluded phone call advised us that they were hung up in traffic and were probably at least an hour away. The rest of the weekend will be busy, but I think that Pat will be just fine with it. I’ll leave the details to a post-hoc posting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Pat,
ReplyDeleteArnold is going over the ballot for tomorrow's primary election. He is inundated with info from the newspaper, flyers, telephone calls, etc. While he is doing that, I have been resting on the floor, with my feet propped up, due to back problems. I pulled a muscle when I was moving some heavy sculpture in class and I have been putting ice on it, walking slowly in the gym and taking Alleve to ease the discomfit. It is slowly getting better and I plan to go back to my class and finish working on my recent Zuniga women- who weigh at least 25 pounds each. I think it is time to start making smaller sculptures that I can lift.
Glad to hear you enjoyed South Pacific at the Ahmanson. We go next month and I'm really looking forward to this production. We saw the show in New York about 2 years ago, and it was great. I love the music and never tire of hearing it.
We're off to Trader Joe's to stock up on our favorite foods. Glad you are feeling better after visiting with family. We love you.
Susan & Arnold