Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is very low key---Sid offered to take me out for dinner--the thought of a restaurant today did not appeal--so Trader Joe to the rescue. I did however, have my bagel and lox for breakfast this morning. Richard and Mira (Julie had to work) took me and Sid out for lunch yesterday--they arrived with the most gorgeous floral arrangment-- a lot of oohs and ahs from the other restaurant patrons. Lauren, of course, called today and had sent a gift. She will be coming down to see me on May 20th that will be our Mother's Day--she too is a mother and has to have her day.
Doing ok--more tired the last few days--maybe it is the cold that I managed to contract last week--understand that it is quite common-catching cold that is-- as long as not any more serious-- nothing to worry about. Hair continues on its downward spiral or should I say outward spiral--thinner each day--now I wish that it was just gone.
Tomorrow should be chemo #2. I do hope that it goes off without a hitch---the more we have to postpone the longer it will take and the longer my life will be disrupted. Now trying to get my desk organized
--so that I can find things.
I will now put together all the stuff to pass the time tomorrow, as the poison drips into my arm, so that I am ready before going to bed---the alarm will go off at 6--no time in the a.m.--have to be at UCI at 7:30.
I am sure that Sid will write an update tomorrow
A little nervous
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment