Wednesday, May 5, 2010

make-up class

It is me again--
Sid out playing bridge--evening to myself--to watch all of the shows that I tape that he just sighs and thinks are stupid. I like them--they are fun.
You all know about the trauma of the haircut--- if my hair would remain like this-- It's not bad--a wee bit short but dramatic--really think---no such luck ---more is sure to go--Picture will be sent tomorrow-- I don't know how to download.
Today I went to a makeup class sponsered by the American Cancer Society--- didn't learn much--- but I did meet some really nice gals--and picked up some tips on where to go for headgear and how to put on my eyebrows when they are gone--never had to wear pencil--also false eyelashes--maybe I will finally have long thick lashes.
Sid has been driving me crazy about exposure to people in case they are sick--and don't know it. So I called the dr. and asked the nurse about the gym, playing bridge, movies, restaurants etc. She as much as said "you got to live--" if you stay isolated you will go looney and that is worse--just use common sense. A neighbor who is being treated for breast cancer is going on a trip to Germany in the middle of chemo--that may be a bit much. Tomorrow I will play bridge with my usual bridge partner--- I warned her that my chemo brain might kick in and I will do stupid things--- she is a good sport--as long as we don't come in last. I do hope that I can concentrate--It will be good for me to try and use my brain.
Will write again soon---Sid I am sure will keep you posted.
I still have an appetite--I will have to watch the chocolate chip cookies
To all of you mothers Happy Mother's Day.
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment