Monday, April 19, 2010

Day One

The first day was remarkably uneventful, aside from getting up at 6 AM and returning home a few minutes ago. Pat tolerated the onslaught of medications, palliative and curative, quite well. She did tire in the afternoon for a bit, but walked to the car and is raring to go. Now it is prednisone for 5 days and anti-nausea medication as needed. The "as needed" was qualified by the instruction that it be taken at the first hint of nausea. Once vomiting begins, the medication is not nearly as effective. Pat insists that she never gets nauseous and is certain she will never use those pills. Lauren and I were around most of the time, taking off singly for a bit some time during the day. By the way they served a lunch of soup and a sandwich and offered some to Lauren and me as well. Lauren demurred. However, Pat and I agreed that the soup was quite good. Even so, we are not recommending that you make reservations for dinner.

Unless there is some change in the way Pat feels, I will not post daily.

1 comment:

  1. We missed being with you yesteday morning. I thought about Pat all day today and was glad to see your entry so we're up to date. Our prayers are for this challenge to go smoothly and completely successfully. Appreciated the understanding of why 2 different recommendations of timing of treatments. Much Love, Dyan and Shel

    ReplyDelete