Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 5 Pat's 2 cents - she takes the keyboard

Hi All—

Firstly, thank you all for your love, support, prayers, happy vibes and good thoughts. I can’t tell you how good it is to know that I have so many great people in my camp. I can’t imagine having to handle this alone. Of course, my number one advocate and caregiver—Sid--- has been a jewel.---When this is all over I wonder if I will go back to complaining—probably. It is amazing how quickly we forget.

Sid has done a great job of keeping everyone informed—probably some info that you could do without—for this I am thankful-- he is thorough. However, I thought that it was time that I put my own two cents in—as now I have the energy.

If all of the treatments are as easy as the first one, it will be a breeze--- I am not counting on it and am taking it one day at a time.

I had Lauren here for the first treatment and a few days after. I was glad that I was not sick so that I could enjoy her company. We did have some fun time. Did go see the “wig and hat lady.” What a riot—I looked AWFUL in a wig--- she said that I wasn’t motivated yet—imagine me as a redhead—she is ordering me a short haired wig in gray that she really thinks I will like—once it is cut and styled—we will see. Supposedly, five percent of chemo patients do not lose their hair---I am not cutting one hair until I have to. Maybe I will be in the 5%. But then again, I don’t win the lottery. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Did buy a turban—summer colors—and I do have hats. Lauren insisted I needed a brighter lipstick and blush—so why not—dropped some bucks at Lancome. Richard stopped in and got our new laptop running in about 5 minutes—all the Palmia experts were stumped-- not to mention the support from HP—or better to say non- support.

I am going about my business—doing the usual—as well as some fun things. Will see friends, go to the movies, usher at SCR, go to San Diego for Art Alive, and of course, go out for lunch and dinner. So far my appetite is fine. Maybe too good. I have gained a couple of pounds—everyone tells me that’s good. And I do cook dinner—on occasion.

Once again, thank you, thank you, love you all.

Do call if you feel like it—no talk about sickness—just fun things. E-mails are always welcome. I will make it through with all of you behind me. Will continue to put my two cents in when I can. I am assured that I will have good days at the end of the cycle.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,

    Great to hear from YOU! Not that we don't appreciate Sid's commentary - it really is very helpful because, needless to say, you are so much in our thoughts. It's great that this treatment went so well - long may it last!

    With Love, Dyan and Shel

    ReplyDelete
  2. susan & arnold beckerApril 25, 2010 at 6:51 PM

    Dear Pat,
    We have been in Palm Desert for the past week, staying at our time share at the Shadow Ridge Marriott. So we just caught up with your blog. We're happy to hear things are going well and particularly happy that YOU were able to comment yourself. We just got a confirmation for the Newport Beach Villas Marriott for Sept . 17-24. We hope to see you then.
    Sending love and lots of hugs.
    Susan & Arnold

    ReplyDelete